Monday, February 13, 2012

Key to change


It is said that change is the only constant in life. And no one could have said it better than Heraclitus.

As part of a training programme for managers while the company (Almarai in Saudi Arabia, my former employer) was going through a process of re-engineering, I was introduced to a book on change management "Who moved my cheese?" written by Dr. Spencer Johnson which made a profound impact on the way I worked and allowed me to embrace change with a lot more enthusiasm than I did before. As part of the training programme, we were split into groups of six each and made to make a presentation on how we perceived Sniff and Scurry, the central characters in the book. It was a memorable day for me when I got up to address an audience in excess of a 100 company employees and made my case. If you have not read this book it is high time that you grabbed your copy now as I feel that it is one of the best motivational books I have ever read. Another author who made a similar impression is Robin Sharma (sign up to get a free copy of his "Stunning Success" here)

But when we come to the basics, the key to change is to just let go of our fear. Hope you agree.

No comments: